Mail archiving with PDF/A – ignorance of the law is no excuse
Many businesses still neglect doing compliant archiving of emails despite the many laws and regulations that govern it. And yet, archiving mails can be done so easily in Lotus Notes/Domino – if you’re using the right tools. Now you can ensure your business has the perfect solution using n2pdf.
n2pdf fulfills some of the most demanding criteria for compliant archiving: PDF/A (ISO 19005)
n2pdf supports PDF/A
PDF/A is a family of ISO standardized versions of the Portable Document Format. PDF/A (A = Archiving) is a subset of PDF designed especially for the requirements of long-term archiving and preservation, ensuring accessibility, and use on mobile devices. This standard of the PDF format was published as a series of parts that set forth the technical aspects of PDFA-1, PDF/A-2 and PDF/A-3:
- ISO-19005-1 – Document management – Electronic document file format for long-term preservation – Part 1: Use of PDF 1.4 (PDF/A-1)
- ISO 19005-2:2011 – Document management – Electronic document file format for long-term preservation – Part 2: Use of ISO 32000-1 (PDF/A-2)
- ISO 19005-3:2012 – Document management – Electronic document file format for long-term preservation – Part 3: Use of ISO 32000-1 with support for embedded files (PDF/A-3)
This standard ensures the readability and usability of your PDF/A documents long into the future.
The standard also specifies three conformance levels:
- Level A conformance – a reliably rendered visual appearance along with the representation of text in Unicode format and the structural and semantic integrity of the document
- Level B conformance – only a reliably rendered visual appearance
- Level U conformance – like Level B with the additional requirement that the text in the document have Unicode equivalents
n2pdf supports PDF/A-1 to PDF/A-3 in all three conformance levels.