Many businesses still neglect doing compliant archiving of emails despite the many laws and regulations that govern it. And yet, archiving mails can be done so easily in Lotus Notes/Domino – if you’re using the right tools. Now you can ensure your business has the perfect solution using n2pdf.
n2pdf fulfills some of the most demanding criteria for compliant archiving: PDF/A (ISO 19005)
PDF/A is a family of ISO standardized versions of the Portable Document Format. PDF/A (A = Archiving) is a subset of PDF designed especially for the requirements of long-term archiving and preservation, ensuring accessibility, and use on mobile devices. This standard of the PDF format was published as a series of parts that set forth the technical aspects of PDFA-1, PDF/A-2 and PDF/A-3:
- ISO-19005-1 – Document management – Electronic document file format for long-term preservation – Part 1: Use of PDF 1.4 (PDF/A-1)
- ISO 19005-2:2011 – Document management – Electronic document file format for long-term preservation – Part 2: Use of ISO 32000-1 (PDF/A-2)
- ISO 19005-3:2012 – Document management – Electronic document file format for long-term preservation – Part 3: Use of ISO 32000-1 with support for embedded files (PDF/A-3)
This standard ensures the readability and usability of your PDF/A documents long into the future.
The standard also specifies three conformance levels:
- Level A conformance – a reliably rendered visual appearance along with the representation of text in Unicode format and the structural and semantic integrity of the document
- Level B conformance – only a reliably rendered visual appearance
- Level U conformance – like Level B with the additional requirement that the text in the document have Unicode equivalents
n2pdf supports PDF/A-1 to PDF/A-3 in all three conformance levels.